Sometimes when you want a nice simple dal but one that gives you great comfort,toor dal is always a winner!This recipe is simple and has a lot of fresh and healthy ingredients.I especially love this dal when I am feeling under the weather or it is a chilly evening.
- 2 cups oily Toor Dal washed in several changes of cold water
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green chilli,chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- handful curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a saucepan of simmering water,把香椿肉用中火煮30分钟左右。
- After the toor dal is ready,in a separate saucepan heat the oil.
- Add the cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds,curry leaves,chilli and tomato and sautee on low heat.
- Add the salt,sugar,garam masala,姜黄红辣椒粉
- Now add the toor dal and water.
- Mix well and cover the pan for around 10 minutes.
- 取下盖子，用手动搅拌器，blitz the dal until it is a soup like consistency.
- Taste and add more salt if required.
- Enjoy hot!!